- an Olympic Sport, with local, national, and international competition. It was the first sport derived from asian martial arts that was included in the Olympic Games. (Tokyo 1964)
- a Means of Personal Development, that teaches you discipline, self-respect, and confidence. It is a way of life.
- a Method of Self-Defense, that teaches you how to protect yourself.
Through practicing Judo, students learn:
- Discipline & hard work
- Social manners, rules, & etiquette
- Respect for themselves & for others
- Fair-play & honesty
- Modesty & frugality
- Patience & understanding
- Goal setting & achievement
- Responsibility & commitment
- Team work & appreciation
- Self-improvement & pursuit of excellence